Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Valentine's Day Mantle in Pink



Okay so I have played around and come up with my Valentine's Day mantle. I've had it up for a week but I'm just a little slow with the blog this week. We've been a little nuts at school and things aren't beginning to settle down for a few more weeks.

Here is what I did. I had the "Wish" word up for Christmas, carried it through January and just can't seem to put it away. I am just in LOVE with this sparkly word and I think it might just be my mantra for this year. I tied a small pink ribbon around the "I" just for fun. I also stacked it up on a few books and covered it with a white gauzy scarf to boost it in height.
Next up is our beautiful candlestick. I had this sitting on the piano for Christmas and January and was just dying to get it onto the mantle for February. I used two different pink ribbons tied in a bow to spruce it up.


I bought this awesome shiny vase at T.J. Maxx for $10!!!! I LOVE it! I filled it with fresh carnations a student got me last week for my birthday. There is sand in the bottom and a small glass vase inside with water for the carnations since the vase is way too tall for them on its own.
The small glass hurricane is from Partylite a few years ago with a pink candle inside. The Longaberger basket with our "G" is still there from January. I just LOVE it as well. The little greenery is from my hallway shelf. It is a small Chinese ceramic container filled with button fern. Also, the white lights from January are still up as well. The girls just adore how it glows at night with the fireplace and us all in the living room. They may have to go by March though. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm your newest follower!! Here's my link if you'd like to follow back, http://emeraldmeadow.blogspot.com.
    Love love love the decorations!!!

    Cherie @ Finding My Way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower as well from the So followed SAturday hop.
    lynifer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower from So Followed Saturday. Please follow back! =)

    http://dawn-wemaynothaveitalltogether.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...